5 Ways to Stay On Track
1. Create a SMART goal. Are you looking to lose weight? Gain weight? Achieve muscle and strength? Having an attainable goal is the KEY to staying on a path to success. If you listen to your heart, working hard to achieve your goals will become a simple task!
2. Set Milestones. Baby steps, people! One of the most important things to remember is that transformations typically don’t happen overnight. Set realistic milestones for yourself. If you have taken a recent interest in biking, start with five miles, then ten, then twenty! It’s perfectly natural to slowly work your way up to goals that had once seemed difficult to achieve. You WILL get there!
3. Reward Yourself. Another KEY element to success is positive reinforcement. Remember those small, attainable milestones you set for yourself? Each time you accomplish one of your “mini goals”, go out and reward your efforts! This part is totally up to you – a new workout top, a cute water bottle, a yummy ice cream cone... treat yourself for being a FEARLESS WINNER.
4. Don’t Worry About Backslides. We wouldn’t have success in life without failures. Everyone experiences hardships, trials, obstacles, and times when giving up seems like the only option. You are not alone when it comes to ups and downs, and you WILL overcome them. Occasionally stepping back is an important part of learning to overcome life’s hardships. Don’t let backslides define you – you are a true winner.
5. Keep Track. Accomplishing your fitness goals is a rewarding journey that will last a lifetime. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when thinking about the future. Keeping track of your goals, accomplishments, and tasks in a calendar is a great way to feel in control of your fitness journey. Take it one week at a time (or one month if that works better for you!). Plan your workouts, meals, and track your results and accomplished milestones. This is a fantastic way to fuel your motivation.